Friday 9 January 2015

Sizzix Milk Carton- treat boxes for birthday party


Sizzix - Boîtes à bonbons pour une fête d'anniversaire



I just finished these boxes that I prepared to Eszter's birthday celebration at school for her classmates. For making the boxes I used the Sizzix Milk Carton Die.


I had three major motives to decorate the boxes: 1. since Eszter goes to French school I wanted to refer to the French culture, 2. I wanted to show the reason why they got the presents, 3. I wanted to put birthday text and icon too.


Well, after all, they look like this:






In the class there are 25 students, 14 boys and 11 girls, plus the teacher. I wanted to distinguish the boys' and the girls' presents not just in colours but in decoration too. This is why I put a boy drawing to the blue box  and a girl drawing to the pink box. Do you recognise them? They are the heroes of "Le Petit Nicolas": Petit Nicolas and his friend, Marie-Edwige.



I used only two dies making the boxes:



























I put some ink to the edges to enhance the contours. 









I found the images on internet. I copied them to green cardstocks.








I cut out the images with one of the "Fancy Cards" dies.















































What I used:





Ranger Distress and Tsukineko Memento ink pads

"Happy Happy Birthday" stamp

Pritt Stift and Tacky Glue

cardstocks

puncher

cord








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!