Tuesday 9 February 2016

Painted wooden box with stamped cats

Boite en bois avec les chats russes de Katzelkraft

This box was made one of my nephews. I don't know who this box will belong to but I'm sure that soon I have to make another one to avoid the fighting :-)


I chose cats for the box because around the house the boys have plenty of cats and yes, they have ginger cats too.








I painted white the lid of a big round box with acrylic paints. I put two layers. The diameter of the box is 20 cm.


After I stamped the images with Ranger Archival ink (Jet Black).









I made this ginger colours with mixing two colours (Sienna, Mandarine) of Marabu paint. Can you see that lazy cat who is watching the mouse with one eye?  Funny, isn't it?







In the following picture you can see that I painted grey the mouse and I coloured the tongues too.







With DecoArt chalky finish paint (a kind of grayish blue) I painted the lid. I know that I could put masking paper on the cats but I was too lazy to cut around perfectly four cats and a little mouse, so instead I was just careful around the images :-)













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!