Monday 1 August 2016

Mini canvas with sea, beach huts and seagull

The August challenge of the Country View Challenges is: Hot summer days and it was the lovely Jane who gave us this fabulous theme.

For this challenge I prepared a mini canvas (13x18 cm) with sea, beach huts and seagull.







And now, here's my tutorial.


I took a mini canvas and with palette knife I put a layer of modelling paste on it.





For the sandy part I used structure paste with big grains (Marabu Structure Paste), then I painted with some kind of beige acrylic paint (Marabu Sahara). 

The sea and the sky was a combination of DecoArt Americana Paints (Bahama Blue, Salem Blue and Indian Turquoise). 

I made the sky with white acrylic paint and a piece of sponge.

I also put some extra modelling paste next to the shore. 







The beach huts were made with Sizzix Movers&Shapers Die, Artful Dwellings by Tim Holtz (657218) from chipboard.

I gessoed and drew 1 cm lines on the houses.












I cut out the windows with two different sizes circle dies. 








With acrylic paints I coloured the huts.






The roofs and the doors were embossed with the Stripe Embossing Folder from Tim Holtz Texture Fade Harlequin&Stripes Set (657849).


The fence were cut out with Sizzix On The Edge Die, On The Fence by Tim Holtz (657030).


When all pieces were ready I glued them on the canvas. Actually I had a first version, but I wasn't satisfied with it, so I changed some shells and I put more sand to achieve better composition. At least, better for my taste :-)

Here is the first version:








Here is another photo of the final version to show you the side:






For the seagull I used a Signature die (Seagulls - SD232).

The shells were picked up form a "plage" of France last summer.







I hope you like it! Happy crafting!

And don't forget to join our August Challenge at Country View Challenges where you can win a £20 voucher!



With this canvas I would like to enter the Summertime Fun! challenge of the Anything But Cute blog.



11 comments:

  1. A brilliant canvas Monika...all I need is my swimsuit and I could be there! The extra sand really does finish it off perfectly. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this Monika. You are inspiring me to buy some dies too. Great piece. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Monika - love how you did the beach houses! Nxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your sandy beach and the beach huts are fabulous too !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enchanting scene! Very clever building of the huts too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your seaside theme is absolutely delightful! I love how you created the beach and the sea lapping at the shore, the beach huts are such fun too! Thanks so much for joining in our Summertime Fun challenge at Anything But Cute. Anne DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely beautiful - love it! Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous Monika, I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love your beach canvas, Monika! Seems like every moment a pretty Bikini-Lady comes out of one of the beach huts on her way to the sea =)
    Have a nice week!
    xxx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Monika this is gorgeous, love your beach canvas hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so peaceful and gorgeous!! I love how you created the beach huts!! The sand and water look amazing!! What a stunning project this is!! So beautiful!! Thank you so much for joining in our Summertime Fun Challenge at Anything But Cute!!

    Lisa DT
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!