Thursday 23 March 2017

Stamped clementine box with Tim Holtz Crazy Dogs

During the winter my daughter finished at least 10 clementine boxes, I mean she had eaten at least 10x2kg clementines just by herself :-) And because I didn't want to throw them away (either environment friendly way or not), I altered them. From two of them I have made storage boxes for my nephews' toys. 

The first one looks like this:




From the internet I fished a picture from the original box to show you how it looked before:




Here are my photos before the colouring:










I painted the boxes white with acrylic paints (DecoArt Americana White Wash). I put at least two coats on each side. 

I stamped the images with Ranger Archival ink (Potting Soil), then I sprinkled with Ranger clear embossing powder, and after I melted the powder.

I coloured the images with DecoArt Americana acrylic paints.

Here are the photos of the final result.














In the end I put a layer of matte varnish to protect the surface.

I don't know what my nephew will keep in this box but I put my daughter's Tsum Tsum collection in it to show how handy this box  is to store toys.






Soon I will come with my other box which will be decorated with the Katzelkraft dogs.



1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful use of those boxes. I think everybody saves them because you hate to throw them away.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!