Thursday 11 May 2017

Tim Holtz Hipster stamp - Framed chimp

On the Monday Challenge of the Simon Says Stamp blog right now there's a challenge called: It's a frame up! - and as you see I couldn't resist it.


So I made this:




For the humorous text I have to say thanks to my lovely daughter. It was her who helped me out when yesterday I told her what I was doing and I was struggling to find a great text. I wanted a king's name or something... but in the end it was Eszter who told me: Henry the hairy :-) It was just brilliant!

What is so special in Eszter that she speaks not just Hungarian and French but the English as well! And she is just 11! 


As for the background...

I used Peacock Feathers, Evergreen Bow and Tumbled Glass to make the background and I stamped the damask motifs with Faded Jeans. I wanted to make and old wall paper.





With Vintage Photo I inked not just the edges but here and there too.  




I cut out the frame from chipboard, painted brown and left it to dry. After I randomly dabbed with a sponge and with Vintage Photo and sprinkled with Ranger Gold Tinsel embossing powder. I wanted to achieve a worn and distressed gold frame. 




The text was stamped with Lawn Fawn letters and Ranger Archival Potting Soil stamp. The edges were distressed with a scissors and inked with Vintage Photo. I used double sided foam tape to attach to the card.





What I used:





Ranger Archival ink, Potting Soil


Ranger embossing powder, Gold Tinsel

double-sided foam tape (about 2mm thick)






I hope you like it! Happy crafting!



3 comments:

  1. I love the oddity of the grungy frame and chimp together, great card Monika xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really great card! Love the background and the gorgeous frame. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is gorgeous! Love the beautiful image and the fabulous frame. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!