Friday 9 February 2018

Valentine's Day for silly monsters

I love Tim's silly monsters, especially these two characters! The grumpy and the cheery... And when I was a little bit bored of traditional Valentine's Day cards I discovered the monsters as perfect subjects of my Valentine's Day cards. Of course not traditional ones but humorous ones.

Earlier I made this and this with the silly monsters and now here I am with this.




I really enjoyed making the background. For that, I cut out a rectangle from heavyweight cardstock. I painted it with Spa Blue (DecoArt). When it was dry I picked up white paint with  a toothbrush and then I drew lines with the brush.




After that, I stamped on the card with Tim's woodgrain background stamp.




Then I smeared white paint on the whole surface and then I inked the edges with Potting Soil.

The grumpy monster was painted with DecoArt Teal Green and then tapped Ranger Archival Cobalt ink with a sponge for interest. The cheery monster was painted with DecoArt Pineapple and then added a little orange ink (Tiger Lily) with a sponge. The edges of both monsters were inked with Potting Soil.





With my card I would like to join the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Love is in the air

Frilly and Funkie: All you need is love




4 comments:

  1. Love this card, the two monster are super adorable! I also love the technique you used to make the background! very creative!
    Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, we all hope to see you play again! x Zoey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is an unexpected break from all those traditional Valentine's Day cards! How fun are those monsters! I love your wood grain background, and you have inspired me to get out my woodgrain stamp! Thank you for sharing your delightful card with us at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is just something about silly monsters that always make me smile! Love this valentine and the sweet monsters with the awesome background you created. Thank you for joining us in the Frilly and Funkie "All you Need is Love" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card with those fun little monsters and a great background. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!