Saturday 8 October 2016

Halloween canvas - Witch and Haunted House

Can you believe that this canvas is an upcycled project again? Oh yes, I had a canvas with flowers and some bubble stencilling and I didn't like it at all! I like to try new things in crafting, I like experimenting but sometimes I'm not satisfied with the results I achieve with them. 

But I do like this Halloween canvas:




I covered the canvas with tissue paper which was adhered with decoupage glue.


The tree, the house, the fence, the bats all die-cuts from Sizzix  by Tim Holtz. After I cut them out, I tapped black acrylic paint with a sponge onto the surfaces of the die-cuts.

The witch was stamped on a tissue paper, then I glued with decoupage glue. And because it wasn't contoured enough I painted over with acrylic paint. 







What I used:






Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)

black, grey, white acrylic paints








With this canvas I would like to join the following challenges:

- Monday Challenge of the Simon Says Stamp Blog: Halloween

- A Vintage Journey: Make it Spooky! challenge

- The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge: #29




I hope you like it! Happy crafting!

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous monochromatic and silhouetted scene. Great to use up and recycle things we know we will never use xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an absolutely stunning piece of art! I am so impressed with how you brought it to life with the texture from the tissue paper! I love the way you did the lighting for your moon-- it looks so life-like in the way that it sort of blends into the dark sky behind it! And yes- I totally agree with you on how art is a bunch of experiments sometimes and can either turn out amazing or not. But this is definitely amazing and I'm so glad you shared such an inspiring piece with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous. Love all those monochromatic tones and silhouettes. Along with the dark night sky , texture and the eerie atmosphere you have created it all makes for a great piece of art .
    Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love your Halloween canvas, it is so, so spooky - I love how the witch looks against the moon and the texture on the canvas back looks wonderful! A wonderful Halloween card! Thanks so much for joining in our 'Make it Spooky' challenge at A Vintage Journey. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant use of the die-cuts to create a really spooky canvas - this is great, Monika! Thanks for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The glow of your full moon is gorgeous! Hauntingly lighting the witch flying in the dark of night! Thanks for joining us in the AVJ challenge Monika! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A super spooky project. Your moon is very ethereal. Thank you for taking part in The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge. Hugs, Clare DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!