Wednesday 5 April 2017

Green vintage box with Easter bunny and wildflowers

You know that I have a big enthusiasm for making boxes - stamped or decoupaged, I don't care :-) 

But right now I created a little different box than before. Normally the top of my boxes are white for achieving better show up for the stamped or decoupaged images. But here the whole surface is green.






First I tried to make this box with masking. I stamped Tim's rabbit on the top, then I covered with masking tape. After I painted green the whole top and after drying I heat embossed the wildflowers. But when I removed the masking tape, I realised that my rabbit is completely overshadowed among the flowers. So I stamped a new rabbit on a watercolour paper, coloured it and glued on the top of the other rabbit. Now you can see that the masking process was utterly unnecessary. 


I sanded the edges and here and there on other parts too, then I inked the edges with Ranger Archival Coffee colour. 






I tried to paint proper dots on the bottom but I think they are far away being proper :-) But it 's a vintage box, so I can say that my dots are weathered too - hahaha!









Anyway, this box will be perfect to put some Easter candy in it!


With my box I would like to enter the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge: What's your superpower?






2 comments:

  1. Whether the rabbit needed masking or not you have still produced a delightful Easter box and someone will love the sweet delights you add to it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute box and I love that bunny! Thanks so much for playing at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!