Tuesday 5 September 2017

Vintage metal stars with stones - Christmas ornaments

After many cards it was time to make some decorations, so I prepared some Christmas ornaments for our September challenge at the Country View Challenges. The theme was chosen by the lovely Miriam.





So if you like it I will tell you how I made it :-)

First I cut out some stars using Tim Holtz Stacked Stars Bigz die but if you don't have this you can use the Sizzix Stars Bigz die (656339) too. At both dies the biggest dies have the same size. To cut out these stars I used chipboard.




Then I adhered metal foils to white cardstocks. For this I tried to use up my left-over papers.




I cut out the stars from the metal-covered papers, then I embossed them with Tim's flourish embossing folder.




The next step was to glue the embossed stars to the chipboard stars and to paint silver the sides.

When they were dry I covered them with black acrylic paint and immediately after I wiped off with a paper towel.




I punched holes with a Crop-A-Dile Big Bite (We R Memory Keepers) and embellished with rhinestones and half pearls. I adhered the stones with Ranger Glossy Accents to the stars.


What I used:

Sizzix Bigz Die, Stars (656339)

Sizzix Embossing Folder, Flourish by Tim Holtz (661822)

rhinestones

half pearls

black and silver acrylic paint


Ranger, Glossy Accents











And with silver strings:









So if you have any project which contains metallic elements, please don't hesitate to join our September challenge where you can win£20 voucher!


3 comments:

  1. Fab decorations for the Christmas tree Monika! A great idea. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous! And so simple- I never would have thought! Thanks so much for sharing Monika!
    Jackie xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stars are adorable!! I will definitely copy them for my christmas decoration!
    Hugs Evelyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!